Notice of Annual General Meeting on Sunday, 30th April 2023
Notice is hereby given, on 30th March 2023, by the Management Committee (MC), that the 105th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association will be held as scheduled below:
Date and Time: Sunday, 30th April 2023, @ 10.30 AM
Venue: The Meeting will be held in hybrid format. Members can join the meeting either virtually or in person (physical meeting).
Physical meeting venue: 44 Race Course Road, Singapore 218558
Virtual meeting link: Will be provided with the ‘Notice of Business to be Transacted’, which will be sent on or before 21st April 2023.
Voting at the General Meeting
Physical Meeting: Voting shall ordinarily be by a show of hands.
Virtual Meeting: Voting shall be by appointing the Chairperson of the Meeting as member's proxy. The proxy form will be provided along with the ‘Notice of Business to be Transacted’.
Eligibility to attend and vote
All classes of members of the Association are eligible to attend the AGM.
Life and Ordinary members, who joined the Association on or before 30th Nov 2022 are eligible to vote and stand for election.
Standing for Election
Nomination in the prescribed form must be signed by the candidate, a proposer, and a seconder. The proposer and the seconder must be members eligible to vote.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from SMA’s website https://member.malayalee.org.sg/agm. Completed nomination forms must reach the Honorary General Secretary by 5:00 PM on Friday, 14th April 2023.
Proposal for Resolution
The Proposals for Resolution must be signed by the Proposer and the Seconder. Both the Proposer and Seconder must be members eligible to vote.
A sample template for the proposal can be downloaded from SMA website https://member.malayalee.org.sg/agm. Proposals must reach the Honorary General Secretary by 5:00 PM on Friday, 14th April 2023.
All AGM related documents will be uploaded on SMA’s website, https://member.malayalee.org.sg/agm.
Address for submitting documents
The Honorary Secretary
Singapore Malayalee Association
44 Race Course Road
If you have any queries, please contact us at
● Mr Priyadarsan Venugopal, SMA Honorary General Secretary @ +65-9862 9620
● Mr P S Prem, SMA President @ +65-9750 8390
● Mrs Sunu Sivadasan Ghani, SMA Vice President @ +65-9833 5711
Thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation.
By Order of the Management Committee
Mr Priyadarsan Venugopal
Honorary General Secretary
Singapore Malayalee Association
Please refer to:
● Singapore Malayalee Association Constitution: https://www.malayalee.org.sg/sma-constitution/
● COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020: https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/COVID19TMA2020
● COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements For Meetings For Registered Societies) Order 2020: https://sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/COVID19TMA2020-S324-2020?DocDate=20200427
Please do note that:
- Provisions of the 'COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020' (The Act) supersedes SMA's Constitution. The procedure for conducting AGM has been tailored to meet the requirements of the Act.
- “No resolution shall be proposed by any member eligible to attend or vote at any Annual General Meeting unless the terms thereof have been previously notified to the Hon General Secretary in writing not less than fourteen days before the date of the General Meeting. A member may also address the Meeting on any matter concerning the Association.” (Article 7.4(c) of the Constitution of the Association)